Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Griff & Jen: married.


The thing I've always loved about my long-time friend Jen? She does things her own way. You know that great saying (was it by Eleanor Roosevelt? feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) about doing things your own way because someone will always criticize you anyhow? Yeah. She's always been good at that. Case in point, her wedding was completely like her. Jen's always been really green and really earth-conscious, so every detail really reflected that. Everything was very simple, nothing fussy. Because she believes in being really eco-friendly, they sent out paperless invitations online to all their guests, for example. Their favors were these little paper ornaments embedded/pressed with wildflower seeds that guests were asked to plant in their honor. In fact, watering a plant was part of their ceremony! I loved the blueberries she had on her homemade cake/cupcakes, and the way she used them again in her jewelry. The venue was the perfect place: Avenues Yoga in Salt Lake City. The bright atmosphere was terrific, and I liked the Buddha especially! Jen's personality (and her artwork as long as I've known her :)) has always been one of beautiful spirituality in a non-denominational way. In a very earthy way. In case it's not already blatantly evident to you all, I love and respect her! Her wedding was beautiful and I'm glad I was a part of it. Enjoy!













































































1 comment:

Kasandra Mathieson said...

Amazing job Bekah...love the food and flower pictures!! These are just so inspirational, your pictures make me happy!!!!